The Healing Circle is symbolic of the cycle of life; all beings are interrelated. It is a safe space to share about any concerns you are feeling in your body, mind, and spirit. It is through listening and sharing that we learn how to get in touch with our true selves.
Goals of the Healing Circle:
- to begin the healing process
- to promote understanding
- to prevent or solve problems
- to build trust
- to respect each person and oneself
- to share common experiences
- to realize that we are not alone
- to learn from other and learn about life
- to identify personal issues which help us to understand to grow
Join Jean Stevenson and Delbert Sampson for this sacred Healing Circle ceremony to express yourself and listen to other community members to show support. This ceremony is dedicated for Residential School Survivors, Intergenerational survivors (i.e. family members of individuals who attended Residential School Survivors) and the Indigenous community of Montreal.
What to Bring:
- Tobacco bundle for the Elders (any tobacco is fine, wrapped in red cloth in a bundle if possible)